When it comes time to shopping for your soon-to-be fiancé’s engagement ring or for an anniversary ring for your wife of twenty years, how do you pick a jewelry designer in Boston? From our experience in the industry here are some things to look for when picking a local independent jewelry designer:
1. TRUST – One of the most important things when picking a custom jewelry designer is finding someone you can trust. As you speak with the jewelry designer, does what they say make sense? Are they consistent in what they say or does what they say seem to contradict what you’ve heard from other jewelry designers? Do they more interested in making the sale or ensuring that you will leave with the custom engagement ring of your dreams?
2. REVIEWS – What do other customers have to say about this custom jewelry designer? Are they happy with the experience and with the finished product? Did the level of service meet their expectations? Ask your potential jewelry designer for some references or check out some online review websites like Google, Yelp, or Facebook.
3. PERSONAL CONNECTION – Finding a top jewelry designer that you have a connection with and are comfortable being around is a good feeling. Most popular jewelry designers are able to put their customers at ease and pay attention to even the smallest of details so that there is no need to worry.
4. ESTABLISHED REPUTATION – Reviews and word of mouth are important, but equally important is an established reputation that helps ensure the jeweler will be around years down the road when you may need repairs or want to have another ring, necklace, or set of earrings designed.
5. CREATIVITY – You may have some ideas of what you want your engagement ring to look like and may even have a picture of your dream wedding ring. A custom jewelry designer should be able to use their creativity to capture your vision and make it even better than you thought it could be. Patience, experience, hard work, and a knack for creating eye-catching designs are all important for your jewelry designer.
6. PORTFOLIO – Finally, check out some of their work. Browse their jewelry in person or view online jewelry photo galleries to get a feel for their work. If you are looking for a specific type of ring, such as a halo ring, ask to see other halo rings they have designed.
Contact Debra Keezing – A Trusted Boston Jewelry Designer
To meet bridal and diamond jewelry designer Debra Keezing please call 617-650-9934 to make an appointment or drop by Keezing Kreations in Suite 517 333 Washington Street in the historic Boston Jeweler’s Building.
You can also use the contact form to get in touch with our boutique jewelry store.